News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Correct Engine Color 70 Eldo?? Modern Camshaft??

Started by John Morris #23947, December 16, 2007, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris #23947

Does anyone know where to find the correct hi temp engine paint for 70 Eldo? I'm pulling the engine to fix the flex plate issue and will gasket and paint the engine, brackets, ect. It runs superb, I was wondering if anyone recommends a modern camshaft while it's out?
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

TJ Hopland

I bought all my parts from this place.

http://www.mtscadparts.com/MTSHome.htm

No complaints about any of it.  Good prices, fast shipping, good advise.  I went with their #5 cam which is more or less an updated version of the best stock cam they ever made for those motors.  The lift and such is pretty much stock they just got rid of some of the odd presumably emissions related stuff like the 180* overlap. It also has a bit quicker ramp, they make a 'A' version with a slower ramp that is recommended for stock rocker arms.  Still behaves and idles like a caddy should.  If your 70 is original  (high compression) you could get away with more cam but you would start to loose that smooth caddy idle.   Its been a while since I looked at the site but I think they even had paint and chrome bits if you like that kind of thing. Make sure you get the timing chain/ set replaced when you have it out.  They originally came with a plastic covered cam gears that dont hold up with mileage and age.   I have heard bad things about the standard replacement sets so I went with a 'performance' one that has a roller chain (looks like motorcycle chain).

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

Bill Hirsch sells the correct Cadillac Blue engine paint.  Used to be able to buy it in rattle cans at your local parts store but it has been discontinued. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Marty Lane

We stock the Hirsch paint but it IS PRICY. About $20.00 a can. A couple would do an engine. The #5 cam is an excellent choice and I just went through my 70 Eldo and that is the cam it got. Works ok with stock rockers but really need the spring kit. All will bolt in with no needed machine work
MTS