News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Changing to tri power set up

Started by G.Lucas #25354, December 22, 2007, 09:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas #25354

??? I purchased a tri power intake, carbs and air filter housing for a 1960 390 motor. Its going on a 1960 390 motor.Parts have not arrived yet. What is involved in switching over from single carb to tri set up? I think it comes with the linkages.Is the distributer different? I think the ignition coil is relocated or off set. Is the fuel pump different? If someone has preformed this conversion and can give me some insight and tips ,would be great.Thanks, George. >:D

John Morris #23947

The distributor has a different part number, as does the cap. The door on the dist cap to adjust dwell is located differently, so the plate with points ect inside is different. Luckily, the kickdown and accelerator rods go to center carb and should be same as 4 bbl. On the dual quad those rods are different length. When I sell these dual or tri setups I like to include every molecule associated with the set. Do you have a Master Parts List? That would answer every piece correct for Tripower.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

35-709

Didn't the tri-power engines also have a different cam?
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

G.Lucas #25354

Thanks John, I do not have a master parts list. Where can I get 1? George.

Per C. 4218

Tri-power cars also came with an additional vaccum cannister (cylindrical), mounted on the firewall.