News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 lasalle coupe and 1925 touring sedan,,, what are they worth?

Started by R.Rothenberger, December 28, 2007, 10:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Rothenberger

???  A very close friend of mine has a close friend who is selling these two cars. I have been asked to help sell them. I have seen the 39 , and it is a 27k mile car, and is outstanding. the 25 touring sedan was restored about 20-30 years ago and has not seen the light of day since. both cars will need going though and and a good cleaning. I would like to take them to barrit jackson next year. What I would like to know, are they worth barrit jackson? Sorry I don't have pictures yet . If  you could help me with this , or if you would like to know more you can call me at 317.696.2657.  thanks for you time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ;D

buicksplus

Bobbie:

You can buy cars like this in good condition in the range of 7 to 20K.  The La Salle is probably worth considerably more than the 1925 sedan, the La Salle is a much flashier car and has outstanding road performance for a pre-war car.  But it always depends on finding a buyer interested in them.

Barrett Jackson is more of a reality show than any real indication of the market value for old cars.  I would be reluctant to bring either car there, they will look plain jane compared to all the 60's muscle and pre-war Coddingtonmobiles.  The big spenders know what they want and it seems that few original pre-war cars are popular these days, unless they are Duesies or V-16's and the like.  You may end up buying the cars yourself, B-J has high commission fees and virtually all sales are without reserve.

I would test the market first on eBay or Hemmings, that's a way to reach lots of collectors without the high costs and logistic problems of getting to B-J.

Good luck, post some pictures if you can

Bill
Albuquerque, NM

Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

Fred Zwicker #23106

1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com