News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

where to get a quality water pump rebuild?

Started by Brett, January 04, 2008, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

Hey folks,

my water pump for my 'other' car needs replacement. Well actually I am replacing the entire engine, and I can easily get a pep boys style pump
but my old pump is very original and has cool date codes and I would just assume have it in the car and not in a box somewhere.

Does anyone know anyone anywhere in the country (can easily ship UPS) who can rebuild it with the quality, and actually hopefully more quality!, than a new or reman pump?

Thanks!

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Quote from: Brett on January 04, 2008, 10:03:57 PM
Hey folks,

my water pump for my 'other' car needs replacement. Well actually I am replacing the entire engine, and I can easily get a pep boys style pump
but my old pump is very original and has cool date codes and I would just assume have it in the car and not in a box somewhere.

Does anyone know anyone anywhere in the country (can easily ship UPS) who can rebuild it with the quality, and actually hopefully more quality!, than a new or reman pump?

Thanks!

The best guy I know ( and I have used several times) is Arthur Gould in New York.  He
has rebuilt both fuel pumps and water pumps for me and his work is top notch.  He's
been doing this for 40+ years.  Phone:  631-269-0093.  He also guarantees his work.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

homeonprunehill

Hey folks,

Thanks!

01-04-08
Brett, Since you haven't started what year the car is, and you said anywhere in the USA is ok, I would have to recomand a MR ARTHUR GOULD of NY I don't have his address, But his phone number is : 621-269-0093. Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Brett

Quote from: homeonprunehill on January 04, 2008, 11:11:53 PM
Hey folks,

Thanks!

01-04-08
Brett, Since you haven't started what year the car is, and you said anywhere in the USA is ok, I would have to recomand a MR ARTHUR GOULD of NY I don't have his address, But his phone number is : 621-269-0093. Good Luck,JIM

Its an '87 Mustang

Bullitt1

A 87 Mustang? Are you serious? I am a Ford Guy at heart, and I know Mustangs. Had My own Mustang Performance shop for just over 7 years. And to the best of my knowledge, there is NOTHING special about a 5.0 Mustang water pump. Original date code or not. It will have NO effect on the value of the car! Now if it were say a 1969/70 Boss 429, then you may have something. But not a 87'. Not to dis-respect your car or anything, but come on. I even own a Supercharged 5.0 , and I could care less about having an original 5.0 water pump. But that is just me, being me.
Vernon
Vernon

Bullitt1

So the whole reason for my previous rant was your stating that you were "replacing" the engine. Yet your concern was keeping the original water pump. Just struck me as funny. Unless you are jerking everybody's chain and seeing if you can get a rise out of anyone by posting this request on a Cadillac/LaSalle forum. If that is the case, YA GOT ME! 
One other point, if you are truly looking for a better than stock water pump, buy an Edelbrock Victor series water pump. They flow more gph and within 1% side to side. Also the pump shaft is 50% larger than stock, so a much better and heavier duty pump than stock.
Vernon
Vernon

Jack Miller

Quote from: homeonprunehill on January 04, 2008, 11:11:53 PM
Hey folks,

Isn't that a mistake in the area code? Isn't it 631?
Thanks!

01-04-08

Jack M.