News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

79 Eldorado fuel filter

Started by DaveShreiner CLC#23834, January 12, 2008, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveShreiner CLC#23834

The fuel filter on my 79 Eldo is near the gas tank and looks like a small version of an oil filter that screws on.  The housing developed a pin hole and was leaking gas.  I got someone to silver solder the hole, but the housing seems quite thin and may leak again.  Anyone know where I could get a replacement fuel filter housing?  The local parts store has no idea.
Dave Shreiner
CLC#23834

TJ Hopland

I see listings for the element but not the housing.   Maybe look for or ask about a Seville since that engine was standard/ more common in the Sevilles.  I think 79 was the only year for the eldo.  I have no idea if that was the same 76-80 or not.  I think there were changes to the system around 78 but I dont know if that included the filter.    If you dont have any luck I would look at marine stuff and industrial/ ag stuff, they often used filters like that.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

CLC#12231

It has been awhile but I seem to remember that the Diesel powered cars had a water separation filter like that in the 79 time frame.
Frank

greg 18360

hi, check NAPA not too long ago  I saw them hanging on those HELP racks. It's a ford part they were screwed to the fuel pump.

DaveShreiner CLC#23834

Thanks for the advice.  So far I have come up empty.  Still looking.
Dave Shreiner
CLC#23834