News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1974-1976 Bumper fillers for Fleetwoods, de Villes, and Calias

Started by Sandy Partridge #18390, January 13, 2008, 03:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Partridge #18390

It has come time to replace the bumper fillers on my '76 CDV and was wondering if anyone has done theirs recently and could answer a couple of questions.  First, are the original flexible rubber ones available anywhere?  If not, where can I find plastic ones that actually fit?  I have heard the flexible ones are available, but I have not been able to find them.  I have also heard that a lot of the plastic ones are hard to fit and usually do not look good.  Thanks.

eam

Quote from: Sandy Partridge #18390 on January 13, 2008, 03:11:49 PM
It has come time to replace the bumper fillers on my '76 CDV and was wondering if anyone has done theirs recently and could answer a couple of questions.  First, are the original flexible rubber ones available anywhere?  If not, where can I find plastic ones that actually fit?  I have heard the flexible ones are available, but I have not been able to find them.  I have also heard that a lot of the plastic ones are hard to fit and usually do not look good.  Thanks.
SANDY!  This question was discussed at lenght back on March 31, 2007, started by Dave Rothman in the Technical/authenticity forum.   Take a look there and you will get quite a lot of good suggestions and ideas on how to best solve your body filler problem  on your Caddy.  You will be able to purchase them  from U.S.A. Parts Supply Ltd in West Virginia.  Their telephone number is 1-800-872-2013, hours 8AM to 8PM EST Mon-Fri, Sat 9AM to 1PM.  Give them a call after you have read the discussion I mentioned above.  I suggest you ask them for one of their catalogs for Caddy years 1971 - 1985.  The discussions are at page 17 of the Tech/Auth forum.  Good Luck   EAM