News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

cruise control cadillac 1977

Started by Crys59, January 14, 2008, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crys59

hello all,
my new car is cadillac 1977 limousine.
cruise control does not work.
what is the good connexion for this device (hose and wiring) ?

thanks
If it ain't work, chrome it!

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977
thunderbird convertible 1961

TJ Hopland

I think the piece with the electrical connector on it should be rotated around and attached to the main unit.  That was around the time they changed the control method from the fairly simple inline gearbox on the firewall or fender to a fancy system that had a control module and gots its signal from a sensor in the speedometer.

May be time to invest in a shop manual. They have complete trouble shooting and diagrams for things like cruise and HVAC. They come up on ebay fairly often.  The 77 one is mostly white with a light blue border.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Philippe M. Ruel

Christian, I don't know if the Haynes book you got features a part dedicated to cruise control.
Here is an illustration I got from another "generic" book, hope it helps.
In 1977 Cadillac had a specific electronic cruise control, as other GM cars had a mechanical one.

(strange to communicate in english with a french friend living less than 5 miles away, isn't it ? ;))
1952 60 Special in France.

Crys59

Thank you Philippe, that's exactly pictures i need.

(yes it's strange to write in english, Especially that my English is very bad ;D)

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977

David #19063

Don't feel bad about struggling with your English. 

Many here in the states struggle with their English even though it is their first (and only) language...LOL!

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Crys59

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977

Crys59

Someone he could get a photo of a cruise control properly connected ?
thank you for your help  ;)

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977