News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 LaSalle deck lid

Started by michaelaj99, January 31, 2008, 06:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelaj99

As previously listed before I need a deeck lid for my '39 LaSalle conv cpe.  I have had someone respond with an offer of a LaSalle 5019 4 door sedan trunk lid.  Anyone have an opinion as to whether or not that will fit accurately on the coupe?  thanks  johnson.m@monet.k12.ca.us
Michael

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi, the sedan deck lid will, of course ,NOT fit your car. I realize you may be new to this. Your first step should be to become very familiar with the car you're working on. You have already got some bad information regarding 2 different LaSalles in 1939. Many people know very little about parts interchangeabity. You have to be smarter than them. Regarding the rust in the deck lid, they all have it. Also in the pan below it. Find a good metal man & have it repaired. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

harvey b

Hi There,Bob is right,it is a challenge to get ahead of some of the people that will try to sell you parts that will not fit,either by sellers that do not know or they are trying to dump their parts.the best thing to get is a master Chassis Body Parts list,they cover many years and are worth their weight in gold,i have saved myself 1000's of dollars with mine,they are a little hard to figure out but when you do it is very handy to have.i use mine all the time when cruising ebay for parts,and a lot of people just dont know exactly what will fit.these cars all look similar but you would not beleive the little things that are not the same.the book i use is a repro made by Crank N Hope publications.it was reprinted back about 20 years ago,it is presently not available,but they do come up from time to time,expect to pay between 100-150 for one,mine covers 1935-40 lasalle and 1936-49 cadillacs.it will be the best 150 you will ever spend.HTH  Harvey Bowness
Harvey Bowness

Glen

Quote from: harvey b on February 01, 2008, 09:57:38 AM
Hi There,Bob is right,it is a challenge to get ahead of some of the people that will try to sell you parts that will not fit,either by sellers that do not know or they are trying to dump their parts.the best thing to get is a master Chassis Body Parts list,they cover many years and are worth their weight in gold,i have saved myself 1000's of dollars with mine,they are a little hard to figure out but when you do it is very handy to have.i use mine all the time when cruising ebay for parts,and a lot of people just dont know exactly what will fit.these cars all look similar but you would not beleive the little things that are not the same.the book i use is a repro made by Crank N Hope publications.it was reprinted back about 20 years ago,it is presently not available,but they do come up from time to time,expect to pay between 100-150 for one,mine covers 1935-40 lasalle and 1936-49 cadillacs.it will be the best 150 you will ever spend.HTH  Harvey Bowness

I bought a CD made by Detroit Iron.  It has Master Parts Books that cover as early as 1935 up to 1974.  I bought it from Rock Auto. 

I don’t see it listed there anymore but The Motor Books Store has it for $39 plus shipping.

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/19cafapaboon.html

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104