News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Model 61 Convertible Coupe Interior Paint Help needed

Started by thomwells, February 02, 2008, 10:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomwells

Miss Emma is getting ready for her round the world venture and we need to correct the interior.  I need the correct paint "Worth Brown" I believe, and also a picture of the correct woodgrain on the interior.

We want Emma to be correct in every respect for representing The Cadillac LaSalle Club.  If you would like to see pictures and make recommendations please visit our link through the club.  I don't want to sound commerical so not listing it.

Thanks for the help, and one last question.  If you were going on a 22,000 mile, 65 day world wide trip what would you take?  Also we are looking for co navigator's, drivers, and support.  Your continued support has been tremendous.

Thom and Ouarda and Miss Emma
Thom Wells
CLC Member #21812

Fred Zwicker #23106

Here are a couple of pictures of a 1939 Cadillac Convertible that was at Hershey in 2006.  Owner claims interior is original.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

thomwells

Quote from: Fred Zwicker #23106 on February 02, 2008, 01:30:08 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of a 1939 Cadillac Convertible that was at Hershey in 2006.  Owner claims interior is original.

Fred
Thanks as always Fred!  Do you know a source of the worth brown interior paint?

Thom
Thom Wells
CLC Member #21812

harvey b

Hello Thom, i too am looking for a paint code for the Worth Brown,all i could find was a mention of it in my master parts book,i shows it only on a 38,used on series`50,60,60s,75,and 90.the color number is 2429835.i am not sure if it is a RM or a Dupont number.for 1939 the color is listed as Cocoa Brown with # 242-53190 as a part number.both colors are shown for Steering wheel,steering column,Hand brake lever and instrument panel.there is also a light beige shown for 1938 too.I run a Body Shop for a living and tomorrow i will make a couple of calls and see if these numbers are still good,i know dupont has a very old library to look into,hope this is not to confusing,as i am confused now.  thanks Harvey Bowness :P
Harvey Bowness

Fred Zwicker #23106

:)  I agree on the Cocoa Brown for the 1939 LaSalle and probably the 1939 Cadillac, per much research.  But I have no formulas.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Terry Wenger CLC #1800

Thom.

Cocoa brown is correct for the 39 convertible, and all '30 Cadillacs and LaSalles for that matter.  When I did my '39 convert in'71 I had some cocoa brown Nitrocellulose lacquer mixed. I think I have enough to spray you a sample to match with modern paint if you are interested. Worth Brown is used inthe '38-75's and 90's and there is a formula in acrylic lacquer in the Authenticity Manuals for those cars. I think the formula came from bruce Berghoff.

Terry

harvey b

Hello All,well i made a few calls this afternoon to Duponts Customer help line,the gentleman i spoke to was very nice,however he tells me that Dupint does not have a formula for worth brown or cocoa brown >:(,on my own 38-9033 the dash is worth brown,it is the color of a dark Mars bar?,not the color of a regular Mars bar,if you had a spray out panel about 4 inches square you could take it to the paint jobber and they have a "Camera" they can take a picture of it and it will give you a match for the color.Lacquer is getting harder to find these days as no one uses it much any more,in my area i cant get it at all,i would have to import it from the US,i know this isnt much help to anyone,but if a formula for worth brown shows up can someone let me know.Thanks Harvey Bowness
Harvey Bowness