News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trim help 1940 series 72

Started by jbento, February 05, 2008, 12:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

Howdy!

Well, between my exterior trim pieces going from one chrome shop (which went belly up) to another shop, (which did decent, but not stellar work),the "connectors" for the window trim have gone missing.  By connectors, I mean the piece that the two ends of the trim fit into to complete the "circuit".

I tried calling All Cads, but they dont even have these (yes, I am in need for all windows).  Any suggestions on where I can find these?   ???

Thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The best way I know of to find something like this is to start contacting others in the Club who have the same car. It is more than probable that many of these owners have picked up spare trim over the years when they found them. I know that I certainly did for my cars. Ted Barber in Seattle might be a good place to start. He's had his car for years. You can get his phone # from your Directory. Charlie Babcock might have something as well. Good luck. Also, on such a low production car, I would think that the connector might be the same for 1941-49 as well on the 75s. You might give Jeff a shout to confirm this as he would have had these off when doing his 1942 75.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Terry Wenger CLC 1800

Joe:

Those pieces should be the same as those on my 40-5227C coupe.If you can't find them, I'm sure they could be made from some stainless sheet and polished.Did you get the trunk emblem?

Terry

jbento

Hey Terry!

Yes I got the trunk emblems, and they are BEAUTIFUL!  Thank you very much.

I am in the process of asking around.  Hopefully some with turn up.  In the meantime, if anyone else has some...
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Frank Starr

From the Cadillac LaSalle Master Parts Book:

These pieces (Escutcheon Plates) fit: 40-52, 40-62, 40-72, 41-62, 41-75, 42-75.  Note that they are not all the same.  The left and right front doors have unique part numbers, the rear quarter windows are the same left and right, and I think the rear doors are the same as the quarter windows, but the book is rather cryptic on this last item.

A former 40-7219 owner (35 years ago), and wish I had one now!

Frank Starr
CLC Member
Seattle