News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

headlight help lasalle or cadillac

Started by Joy, February 06, 2008, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joy

OK guys, I need your help...  I have a headlight, came in the back of my '38 LaSalle...  but I know it is not for the '38..  Anybody know what it is?   I hate to have it sitting on the shelf if someone else can use it...
appreciate your help...

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Joy on February 06, 2008, 05:36:51 PM
OK guys, I need your help...  I have a headlight, came in the back of my '38 LaSalle...  but I know it is not for the '38..  Anybody know what it is?   I hate to have it sitting on the shelf if someone else can use it...
appreciate your help...
02-06-08
JOY,Cadillac or La Salle it is old. Very nice jester by you to give it to someone that can use it. BTW EDo you see a part number on it ?
When I read your post,my ears perked-up, as I have a '38 coupe. What body-style did you get? If you have any questions, I may be able to answer them!  Ask away.
Good luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Joy

We got the LaSalle a couple of years ago... got it sanded down and into primer... We are hoping to get busy on her this year, but there are a few other things we got to get done first..
The headlight has no markings or numbers on it at all..  The reflector says "Brown Ind Universal"    The gentleman we got the car from was a Cadillac and LaSalle guy..  so I assumed it  had to be one or the other..  It is very similar to a 22 or 23 Cadillac headlight but it doesn't have the emblem.. not sure if that could have come off??
I have tried to post a pic of our LaSalle...  hope it comes thru...
thanks for any help you guys might have...

Jeff Hansen

Joy,

While I can't pin them down exactly, I'd guess those headlights were very late-teens to early 1920's.  You can try looking through the Cadillac Database at http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/indx2001.htm to see if you can find an exact match.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Dave Leger CLC #19256

If folks here can't pin it down, you could try posting this on the AACA forum ( http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php ) in the What Is It? list.  That way you can hit people across all marks, and a lot of people familiar with early vehicles.

Dave
Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe