News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

parade boot

Started by Tony Quartarone, February 07, 2008, 09:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Quartarone

On the bottom of the parade boot on my 70 deville there is 1/2 inch foam that was dry rotted and disintegrated. I've gotton the new foam, but I'm not sure what adhesive to use on it. There are stains of some kind of flexible glue  still there, though I have no Idea what it is. I spoke to a guy at a local upholstery shop, he said that they stich the foam into a light fabric then stich it to the peremiter of the boot. Now I'm not sure what to do, If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it!! Thank you Tony   

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Tony Quartarone on February 07, 2008, 09:31:26 PM
On the bottom of the parade boot on my 70 deville there is 1/2 inch foam that was dry rotted and disintegrated. I've gotton the new foam, but I'm not sure what adhesive to use on it. There are stains of some kind of flexible glue  still there, though I have no Idea what it is. I spoke to a guy at a local upholstery shop, he said that they stich the foam into a light fabric then stich it to the peremiter of the boot. Now I'm not sure what to do, If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it!! Thank you Tony   
TONY,3M puts out an adheisive in a spray-can that you can spry the 1/2 " foam with prior to positing it on to the "Parade-Boot". Apply two or three light-coats, allowing each coat to dry before applying another coat. Don't allow the last coat to dry compleately, but, allow it to become tacky to the touch before applying it to the "P-Boot".
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Tony Quartarone

Thank you jim It seems to have worked!