News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The 1950 LeMans Cadillacs

Started by Charles D. Barnette, February 08, 2008, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

I enjoyed very much the article on these Cadillacs appearing in the February 2008 issue of The Self-Starter. I like the never before seen pictures of these two cars especially of Le Monstre-it is so unique that it is one of my favorite Cadillacs. The Grumman Aircraft styling of Le Monstre with the wind tunnel proven aluminun body is fascinating. My question is where are these historic Cadillacs now? What happened to them after the 1950 Le Mans race? Charles D. Barnette

veesixteen

I believe both cars ended up in the Cunningham Museum. When Briggs Cunningham died in 2003, the museum closed down and I believe the cars were sold to another car museum in Florida (I have no other details).  The "Monstre" showed up at a Pebble Beach concours a few years back so it is probably still around.  "Where are they now?" is a very good question.

Quote from: Charles D. Barnette on February 08, 2008, 12:55:40 PM
I enjoyed very much the article on these Cadillacs appearing in the February 2008 issue of The Self-Starter. I like the never before seen pictures of these two cars especially of Le Monstre-it is so unique that it is one of my favorite Cadillacs. The Grumman Aircraft styling of Le Monstre with the wind tunnel proven aluminun body is fascinating. My question is where are these historic Cadillacs now? What happened to them after the 1950 Le Mans race? Charles D. Barnette
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Jeff Hansen

If memory serves, the museum in Florida was the Collier brothers museum.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan