News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help Pleeze- Has anyone here ever taken apart a dash on a 61 Cadillac?

Started by Jack Miller, February 09, 2008, 07:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller

Help,

My 1961 Cadillac convertible was a "Frankenstein" when I received it.
In the past few years I have removed every part that was not "1961" and replaced it with 1961 parts.
It was 98% rust free so I didn't have to remove the chassis from the body (one thing) but I had to replace almost every part but the seats.
Now I have to rip out the 1962 dash and replace it with the 1961 dash that I have found piece by piece on Ebay.
But.................there was no mounting hardware and I am not sure of how to mount the speedo or the radio housing, speaker, and everything else as the 1962 dash is a bit different.
I am leaving the lower dash as is I am removing it and just having it stripped and I am painting it correct color.
I finally located a correct color steering wheel, shift arm & turn signal arm.
I have manuals and parts manuals but no info on the dash.
Is there anyone here that has taken down and put back up a 1961 dash who can give me some pointers pleeze?
Also can someone tell me how to get the signal arm out without breaking the turn mechanism in the column.

Thanks
Jack
Jack M.