News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hazard warning flasher for '66 model Cadillacs

Started by Greg McDonnell, February 10, 2008, 07:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg McDonnell

Currently there is a discussion on The New 65/66 Cadillac Community Forum regarding the Hazard Warning Flasher for the '66 model Cadillacs.  Unfortunately no one is sure of how to wire it into the car properly.  I happen to have a setup I got off Ebay.  It was removed from a car rather than being a new one in the box (with instructions).  Would someone be so kind as to advise me of the exact location the flasher should be installed on the lower dash and how to wire it into the car's electrical system?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841 
Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841

Lars Kneller 8246

Greg, it's been a few years since I installed an NOS one on my car (I probably still have the instructions somewhere) but it is located under where the wiper switch and cruise control switch are, and if I recall correctly, you unplug the turn signal wires from the steering column, plug them into the 4-way switch, and then plug the 4-way switch into the steering column.  I recently picked up a 66 Fleetwood parts car that has the flasher on it, so if anyone needs one for their 66, I could probably be persuaded to part with it.