News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rebuilding 1939 Cad 60S

Started by Rick Rinehart CLC#18151, February 14, 2008, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rinehart CLC#18151

Anybody else in the middle of a 1939 60S?  I am doing a frame up resto and would like a compadre who is doing the same to compare notes, advice, etc.  I have frame, suspension, rear axle done.  Putting the engine and transmission together now.  Hope to have it running by end of March.     8)

baxterculver

Quote from: Rick Rinehart CLC#18151 on February 14, 2008, 11:34:31 PM
Anybody else in the middle of a 1939 60S?  I am doing a frame up resto and would like a compadre who is doing the same to compare notes, advice, etc.  I have frame, suspension, rear axle done.  Putting the engine and transmission together now.  Hope to have it running by end of March.     8)

Rick,
I have a very original '39 60S.  Two years ago I rebuilt the engine, rewired using YnZ,  and generally freshened things up.  I can help (I think) if you need someone to bounce ideas off or supply occasional pictures.  Currently, I am assisting the completion of the Class 10 Manual (38-40 Series 60, 61, etc).  I am not an expert but I should be able to help you.
baxter culver clc#17184

Don Boshara #594

I did a body off on my very original (this translates to mean "a real rust bucket") '40 60S many years ago and still have photos & a book full of notes if I can be of any help.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe