News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1938 - 40 parts identification

Started by Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781, February 17, 2008, 03:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781

Hi
I have just bought some Cadillac parts and with them was a jack that I think is correct for 1938-40 Series 75. Can anyone verify this?
Thomas
Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781

Jack Mcilwraith

Thomas,I don't know about the jack,but the chrome fin showing on one of the taillights is a 1939 one:[of course the tail light body will be the same].

Warren Rauch

If you have a copy of the 39 owners manual ,take a look at page52. The  picture shows how to jack a v8 ,but in the reading it notes that 60s and 61 series use a bumber jack. Therefore whats pictured must be a series 75. Bad news is it is nothing like what have. Better news is it looks a lot like the jack in a 1932 LaSalle owners manual.  The 32 jack was used on all series of 32 and 33 . THe parts book lists three jacks with that appication. Walker #1812  which used a 31" long handle that had a 1/2" square end on it. Auto  Specialty  #79 and #969 , These used 31" long handle with a hook on the end.Warren

ron anthony

S J  stands for St. Joseph .They're great little jacks and used on the frame they don't cause damage.
      It is a jack suppied with GM cars and is early thirties. Have not seen a bracket like that on top,
      maybe someone has added that. These are usually a two stage jack where you wind out the center
      screw to the desired height, place it in position, and then crank up the main screw with the handle.

Ron  CLC 23803