News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1932 Cadillac Rumble Seat Roadster on ebay

Started by Paul Ayres #5640, March 08, 2008, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Ayres #5640

Look at ebay 200205875969, a 1932 V8 Roadster bsing offered by Palm Beach Ford in Florida.  It is listed without a VIN or other identifying numbers, and is called a V8, but has a V16 hood with 7 vent doors.  Can someone in Florida take a look at this and tell us what it really is?  Something smells funny here.  Paul Ayres

Big Fins

Paul, I would have gone to look at it for you, but the car is in the city of Palm Bay, not Palm Beach. About 100 mile difference for me to drive it.

Fins

Johan Boltendal #158

Hello Paul

If this is the car, I think it is and it is certainly looking like it, going by the earlier pictures I have seen.
Then this is a converted V8 ,build from a V8 ccp and a V16 7p.  For sale for two or more years now, sold and not sold, auctioned, 225K asking, with the story,125 bid,
what more is there to tell, offered by several dealers. You will have noticed there is no viewing or possible on site inspection offered, I very much doubt this add is real.

Johan

Joe Manna

This car is a scam on ebay.Look at the "General Discussion" forum.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

ERIC CLAUSEN

I asked for a photo of the engine and he sent me a photo of a 16 cylinder engine yet in the auction says it's a V8.I can't believe someone would be that ignorant.
If it looks too good to be true it most probably is. I'm sure this is a scam of some sort, the difference from others I've  seen on ebay is that he hasn't been kicked off.

Larry F

The description of this vehicle sounds like a generic description that could be used for any used vehicle that was for sale.

Big Fins

I just this moment called Palm Bat Ford, inquiring of the Cadillac. I spoke to a nice girl named Rose. She verified the ad is bogus, and they never had a car as such in their possession.

So rest assured some poor sucker will get taken if Ebay does not remove the auction. Their fraud dept. has been notified multiple times by Palm Bay Ford, yet the auction remains.

Plane fairs are cheap, when you want to buy a car. Drop a few hundred and go see what your buying.

Beats losing thousands on a bogus auction. I did it. $400 R/T to San Francisco, 3 years ago. Best $400, I ever spent.

Fins

Jonathan G. Riley

Paul:

That car was in a recent (last 3 years) auction.  However, I can't recall where.  From memory, it was a no sale around $225K. 

In the disclosure, the car was represented as a V-8 roadster body on a V-16 frame/engine. 

My guess is that it is a fake add. 

Jon Riley

Jonathangriley

Here is a link to the same car with the correct description(V-8 body, V-16 frame/engine). 

http://www.sellitnowmotors.com/classifieds/index.php?a=2&b=5152