News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Unsolicited DVD of GN '07

Started by Joe Manna, March 08, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Manna

You know guys,I was just reading this post.Can some of you be that cheap.Yea,I know you would spend a Million bucks on restoring your Cad or LaSalle,but don't want to go for the $20 for a dvd.This money is going to the club that we all belong to for a reason.So like it or not,lets support OUR CLUB.Because I know I would send in the $20,even if it was sent to me without my permission.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

BadJack

Quote from: joemanna on March 08, 2008, 04:33:42 PM
You know guys,I was just reading this post.Can some of you be that cheap.Yea,I know you would spend a Million bucks on restoring your Cad or LaSalle,but don't want to go for the $20 for a dvd.This money is going to the club that we all belong to for a reason.So like it or not,lets support OUR CLUB.Because I know I would send in the $20,even if it was sent to me without my permission.

Gee joe, while you are feeling so generous, will you send ME some money?  It's going to a good cause.  I need to raise a Million bucks to restore a 65 DeVille convert. ;D

Thanks in advance,

BJ
Joe

Joe Manna

Jack,you know what I mean.I mean $20,you can spend more than that at a car show
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Jack,looking forward to seein your 65 conv.done.A guy in our club has a 65 rag.
2015 Cadillac SRX

Johnny F #662

Quote from: joemanna on March 08, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

Its not a matter of cheapness.  Some of us don't like to be solicited and asked for money.

Xris Laggan

I'm signed up ,but not a dues paying member YET,(only due to tight funds.)
I was going to make a comment ,and a suggestion,but by the time I got around to it ,the thread was closed .

I have never been and have no chance of going to a G.M. for a long time to come (being in Australia). I can only assume there is some sort of " Entry/Will be participating " form  that members get for each G.N .If you were to state on these forms that :

" There will be a DVD posted out to all participating members after the G.N.You can choose to keep this and pay the nominal fee (all funds go to the clsc[or whatever] ) or send it back ".

No one could complain about it being unsolicited then , if it's in black and white.

I for one think the DVD mailout is a great fund raising idea .I also think that people tend to forget that even though this is a "virtual ", "public", community ,it is still a community of people with the same basic ideals of preserving Cadillacs ,in one form or another.Supporting the club is a big part of that .

regards
Xris Laggan
Queenslan Australia
1960 Flattop sedan
Xris Laggan 
CLC #24618
1960 Cadillac Flattop
1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance
1960 Chevrolet Belair