News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

POR-15 - make mine Cadillac dark blue

Started by Carl Schreiber, March 10, 2008, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Schreiber

Hello to all -

Just wondering if anyone has used POR-15's engine enamel.

I'd be interested in finding out; how good is the color match on their 49 - 76 Cadillac dark blue? (seems a bit TOO dark...)  How is the durability (particularly chip resistance) vs. the 'industry standard' everyone seems to use?  How about heat resistance, again, vs. the 'industry standard'?

Interested in hearing the 'unvarnished' truth from the guys who know their stuff!  (that's CLC members to everyone else!)

All My Best,

Carl Schreiber
CLC #23157

mario

i used it on two engines and one trans. tough as nails. color spot on. since both engines were 500s i must point out that the exhaust outlets finally burned off within 2 weeks. just too much heat (see south paw's pic were the exhaust manifold bolts to the head) i did brush it and as stated the stroke marks do dissapear. do keep it away from dust particles as they stand out like a sore thumb in dry paint. and make sure to wear gloves. at least 3 to 5 showers to remove it from fingers.  :) :) :)
ciao,
mario