News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Tracking a car

Started by Joe Manna, March 14, 2008, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Manna

I was wondering if anyone out there in Cadillac land might be able to help me?I would like to track down the whereabouts of my Dad's '66 Coupe de Ville.It was sold around 1980 or so.The reason I want to do this is because it is the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born.Any suggestions?

P.S. I have the VIN number.

Thanks,
Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Jim Thompson

I would start at the local DMV and see if they can do a VIN search. Do you have the name of the person who bought it? If so, maybe a google search can help too. Good luck, I hope you locate it.
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

Bill Gauch #23121

28 years is a long time for a car to stay in one place. Give the age of the car, you might contact the owners of 66' CDVs listed in the membership directory. Alternately, you can do a nation-wide VIN lookup state by state. There are most certainly companies online who will do this for you. Of course, it is entirely possible that your car isn't in this country. To be a doom sayer, it could even have been parted out. At this point, your best bet would be trying to hit it from 3 sides. VIN search, CLC contacts, and lastly, follow the sale from 1980 if you have any of that information. Mid 80's is about as far back as any state would have any digital records, but that may work out for you.
WANTED: Nothing right now.

- 1938 Series 65 - 4-door sedan - Restoration (slowly) ongoing

http://38caddy.blogspot.com/

Joe Manna

Gentleman,Thanks for the info.I will have to use all avenues mentioned.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX