News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A "Custom" '08 Pink DTS

Started by Rich S, March 21, 2008, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Somehow, searching to see the new "Blue Diamond Tricoat" color (offered this Spring by Cadillac), I came across this Video of an '08 "Custom" Pink DTS, and it is not a "Mary Kay Cosmetics" car! I thought it was interesting . . .  here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_dSYL8Tiqs
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I wanted to see what color Rich was talking about (Blue Diamond Tricoat) and, in addition to finding that, I learned that Cadillac is finally offering a much wider choice of interior colors than before (as promised by the division's general manager in a Self-Starter interview a year or two ago with Ron Van Gelderen).  There's still no red or maroon leather that look great to me inside a white or silver car, but the DTS now offers these interiors:
Titanium
Shale with Cocoa seats
Shale with Cocoa accents
Midnight Blue
Light Linen with Cocoa seats
Light Linen with Cocoa accents
Ebony
Cocoa with Light Cashmere seats
Cocoa with Light Cashmere accents
Cocoa
Cashmere
By the way, does anyone know what "Tri Coat" and "Tint Coat" mean? I know base coat and clear coat which gives you two, but what is the third and why would you need a "Tint Coat" when you already have the color in the base coat?

Rich S

I never did locate a picture (or representation) of the new color "Blue Diamond Tricoat," yet. My guess is that it is a color between "Blue Chip" (Dark Metallic Blue) and the '05-'06 "Blue Ice" (silvery blue metallic) color that was offered.

The interior colors you found are an improvement, but still quite short of what Cadillac Motor Division should be offering. I thought there was supposed to be a shade of "Light Linen" Leather interior this year, on the DTS, and I guessed it would be similar to the 2001-2002 "Light Oatmeal" Leather interiors? Cocoa is a Dark Brown color of leather, so the Light Linen trim would be quite a contrast. I'll have to check-out these details the next time I'm at the dealership . . . "inquiring minds want to know!"  ;)

Oh, I also heard that there are certain categories of new colors that change appearance [significantly] depending upon the lighting, and maybe those were the "tint coat" colors? The '08 Radiant Bronze, Chromaflair Red, Thunder Gray and Sunset Blue, were among those colors. I've always been fascinated by the new Cadillac exterior colors, year to year, and I really miss 21 selections and the Firemist colors!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Thanks for the explanation of tri-coat paint, Lou; it makes sense to me now. Rich, if you will do this Google search:
"blue diamond tricoat" Cadillac, the second result should be from cars.com and is titled something like "Cadillac DTS colors and trims" and it shows the color.  It looks to me exactly like the light blue on an '05 Deville a friend owns (and which would look a lot better with a dark blue interior instead of the light shale it has).