News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

37 caddy 60 series firewall lettering visable or not?

Started by harvey b, March 23, 2008, 08:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey b

on my 37 60 series,we fornd some white markings under the old undercoating,were these markings visable or were they undercoated over,my car was originally lamothe grey when new,the firewall appears to have been black,was this the way it was,grey with a blacked out firewall,these numbers match my engine number,i think they were for when the body was being sent to the chassis so they would know which frame it was for,my question is should i put them back on,or would they have been covered over with undercoating,i dont want to undercoat my firewall,as i spent a lot of time to get it nice and shiny,it would be a shame to cover it up ???my car is all painted and we are doing some of the details on it now.also i am looking for someone who has a parts car,i need a few small peices to finish mine.  thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

harry s

Harvey, My '37 75 series(body #27)  is green with a black firewall. I did not see any evidence of stencling. A friend had a car identical to mine  (body #28), that was blue with a black firewall and the same style numbering, in the same place as yours. I would say it is a "toss up" or matter of personal preference as to dupllicating the numbering after painting.
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum