News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

saginaw steering

Started by jack oconnor clc 18960, April 07, 2008, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack oconnor clc 18960

I am attempting to replace the roller bearings in my saginaw steering box. The bearings are mounted with the worm gear on the steering shaft. I have been unable to disassemble these componants. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Car is a 1937 cadallac seiries 60. Thanks  - Jack

homeonprunehill

Quote from: jack oconnor clc 18960 on April 07, 2008, 03:39:47 PM
I am attempting to replace the roller bearings in my saginaw steering box. The bearings are mounted with the worm gear on the steering shaft. I have been unable to disassemble these componants. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Car is a 1937 cadallac seiries 60. Thanks  - Jack

04-13-08
Jack, Sounds like it time to call in the BIG guns. Can you get to the bearings with a bearing-puller? I know that I won't be much help, But it may get you to thinking. Good Luk,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES