News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help with 1947 interior

Started by Gary Bakeslee, April 13, 2008, 01:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Bakeslee

I am restoring a 1947 convertible.  When I purchased the car the interior was not correct.  I would like to know what years of cars and models even other manufacturers that would give me the correct seat frames and springs for both front and rear seats.  Would someone know where I could find them?   
                                                             Gary
Gary Blakeslee

Bill Podany #19567

The best Cadillac interior shop in my opinion is Lewis Jenkins in North Wilkesboro, NC; 336-667-4282.  Also, contact Bill Hirsch who specializes in vintage interiors: 1-800-828-2061
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Gary: The Buick Super or Roadmaster convert for 46-48 was classified a C type body as was the 42-47 Cadillac convert. The Buick convertible for 46-48 years could be a source for your front seat frame/springs and rear seat springs. The Olds 98 convert for 46-47 could be another source but very few Olds convertibles were made. An alternative front seat assembly could be from a 46-47 Cadillac 6207 coupe. The 6207 coupe seat does not incorporate the hydraulic cylinder for the power seat and uses a manual adjuster. The other difference in the coupe front seat and the convert seat are the tracks. If you find the correct power seat for the 47 make sure you buy the correct tracks for that seat. The same holds true if you buy a front seat from a Cadillac 6207 coupe, get the tracks with that seat.You might monitor ebay under Buick parts as there has been a full front seat from a 47 Buick convert on ebay several times in the last 6 months.  If I can help further just email me.

Gary Bakeslee

Hi Bill Ingler,
I read your reply to my question and appreciate the information.  I did go to the e-bay sight and looked at 47 Buicks, the seat was not listed but you can bet I will watch it often.  This project is just starting for me so keep me in mind and e-mail if you hear of anything.    gblake42@aol.com

Thanks , Gary
Gary Blakeslee