News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

62 Horn Ring Removal HELP!!

Started by John Morris #23947, April 13, 2008, 02:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris #23947

I'm about ready to flipout again, I really see no fasteners holding this 62 horn ring on. No alllen screws like the 50s models. The Master Parts List exploded view does not help. Can you folks assist with this? My blood pressure is exploding BLAHH!!
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

John,

If you are talking about the red emblem with chrome around it in the center of the steering wheel it just comes out if you use a hard plastic screwdriver/trowel (so you don't scratch it) and pry between the space on the side..
There are 2 long sides on it that hold it in.
If that is the part I can e-mail you a picture of what you are looking at.

Jack

John Morris #23947

No, it's the bigger chrome piece, the part with the 2 big spokes.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: John Morris #23947 on April 13, 2008, 04:08:17 PM
No, it's the bigger chrome piece, the part with the 2 big spokes.

John,

Under the horn buttons on the other side of the wheel on each side are 2 plastic covers. On the end (by the steering wheel) there is a screw on each, remove that. Then take out the center cover (with the red/logo) and you will see the center nut and 4 screws. Remove the 4 screws inside around the perimiter and the bigger chrome piece will come right out with the plastic backs. (I just did mine yesterday as I have to change my steering wheel). Be careful as the horn buttons will fall out too.

Jack

PS : Are you sending the heater control out tomorrow?

John Morris #23947

Yep, it's boxed and ready to Priority Mail. Thanks for the horn tips!!

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: John Morris #23947 on April 13, 2008, 10:39:39 PM
Yep, it's boxed and ready to Priority Mail. Thanks for the horn tips!!

John,

Just received it........thanks.......JacK