News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

cylinder head screw for 425ci cadillac

Started by Crys59, April 18, 2008, 04:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crys59

i'am looking for header screw for cadillac 425ci (1977).

3 old screw is destroy on my engine.

is it possible to find that ?
thanks
If it ain't work, chrome it!

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977
thunderbird convertible 1961

The Tassie Devil(le)

Take one of the originals to a Nut and Bolt Supplier, and they will be able to supply replacements, of the correct tensile grade which will do the purpose.

Getting the originals as replacements is more specific if they are the "Torque-to-yield" types as used in newer engines.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Crys59

Thank you Bruce,
problem, in france i do not find this type of screw. :-\
If it ain't work, chrome it!

cadillac flat roof 1959
cadillac limousine 1977
thunderbird convertible 1961

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Crys59 on April 18, 2008, 04:01:35 AM
i'am looking for header screw for cadillac 425ci (1977).

3 old screw is destroy on my engine.

is it possible to find that ?
thanks

04-18-08
Chy59, Are you looking for cylinder head bolts that attach the heads to the engine block? Or, Are you looking for exhaust manifold bolts? Either way, Bruce R had the correct answer for you, Go to a "nut & bolt supply with a sample of what you need and get some replacements. (Head bolts are about 1/2"across and about 4-5" long. That year Cadillac would have head bolts with SAE threads. As for manifold bolts with nuts the use of bolts & nuts with metric threads would be ok. as long as they were the same size.
Good Luck,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Stampie

I think MTS would ship to you.  www.500cid.com .  Great guys and have everything you would need for your engine.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis