News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Eldo. 2 headlights into 1 (Modification)

Started by gray, April 20, 2008, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gray

OK! This will be my last question about this 76 eldo. For this week! Can someone tell me how this was done (2 headlights turned into 1) is there 1 headlight out there that will fill the space of a 2 headlight eldo? I've attached a Picture. I'm wanting to do the same on my cuatom job.

MUCH THANKS! For all your help! You guys have already given me so much great info.!

GRAY

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Gray,

You can do anything if you have the money, but finding such a headlight would be pretty difficult, unless you know a headlight maker that can create a custom one.

Could be done using Halogen globes, but the Lens dynamics and Reflector required for such a task that a pair of optical-correct units would cost more than a dozen new cars.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Mike Beda

There were a few cars from the late 80's and early 90's that from one year to the next changed from quad rectangular headlights to the new non-sealed beam halogens without looking like anything else changed.  For example the 86 to 87 DeVilles and 89 to 90 Caprices (I may be a little off on the years).  I'm guessing that someone took the whole headlight bucket, and internal mounts, from one of those early halogen cars and made them fit into the front of that Eldo.  It would still take a lot of custom fab work, but it'd be a lot easier than getting a headlight made from scratch.

Good luck.

-mB