News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seven '59 Eldo Biarritz convertibles in a 1km radius

Started by veesixteen, April 06, 2008, 06:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

Member Quentin Hall reports that he knows of seven 1959 Eldorado Biarritzes in a 1km radius. That has GOT to be a record ...especially in Australia !
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

59 hearse

Quote from: veesixteen on April 06, 2008, 06:36:19 PM
Member Quentin Hall reports that he knows of seven 1959 Eldorado Biarritzes in a 1km radius. That has GOT to be a record ...especially in Australia !

They are "breeding" well  ;D
KAZ

John Fotakis #23436

So if I were to buy a house in the Biarritz triangle would one of these mythical beasts appear in my garage at night ?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Of course.

What would you expect.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But, you have got to start building now.   But, with the slowness of the Planning Commissions, I can't see that happening anytime soon.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

lance

Just don't let one get at your 61 John , you don't know what you might end up with .
Lance ;D

Davidinhartford

Amazing.  It is doubtful that even in 1959 that seven were ever that close to eachother.    Not even here in the States!

I'm sure a Cadillac dealer didn't keep that many in stock.  And geographically the only place I could imagine that many being owned near eachother would be...   Los Angeles/Beverly Hills.

harvey b

hello all,i am curious as to these cars are they owned by 7 different owners or just one lucky guy who has a really big yard :o, the 59 is one of my favorites,would like to see a picture of them together.  thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

I can not help but wonder whether the original post was dated April 1?

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Gee, I thought they were all in Sweden or Bill Rafakis' garage! LOL, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Otto Skorzeny

Were they imported new or are they recent emigrants from America? Do they have right hand drive?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

veesixteen

Dunno.  This is 2nd hand info I got directly from Australia.  I'll need to go back to the source. IMHO, however, these are recent or relatively recent LHD imports.

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on April 12, 2008, 01:22:58 PM
Were they imported new or are they recent emigrants from America? Do they have right hand drive?
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

John Fotakis #23436

I would guess they would all have been imported after 1961 as Australian laws made it very very difficult to buy American cars in the strictly regulated protectionist era after WWII. The first cars that were "freely" available were the 1961 models- I believe about 30 were imported in 1961.

Paul Z

Quote from: veesixteen on April 06, 2008, 06:36:19 PM

Hi Yann, that's news to the rest of us down under. I know of about 7 in Australia spread out in various states. Would be interesting to get more confirmation. Best regatds to you and Gita, Regards, Paul.