News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Lasalle running bards

Started by Greg Mouton, April 24, 2008, 11:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Mouton

I am building a original car and a street / rat rod and I am intrested in running boards on therat rot mabe something street looking (just painted metal with a skid pad on top so Can these be made in a shop? what are the dimentions? and how were the originals attached ? were they connected to the fenders ?

Greg Mouton

Kerry Pilling

O.K. they are actually called running boards. Anyway they were attached by special angle brackets which were bolted to the frame between the front and rear fenders. I can't remember if there were three or four brackets. I imagine that you could get a good metal fabrication shop to make you a set of metal running boards with brackets and have them attach them to the fram then you paint them and can put non-skid strips on them for safety use. Good luck. Kerry