News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Started by Jack Miller CLC# 24441, April 15, 2008, 01:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion on a 1976 Eldorado Convertible

It's a keeper!
15 (57.7%)
Sell it for an older model
2 (7.7%)
Eats too much fuel
0 (0%)
Too many out there, not rare enough
3 (11.5%)
Low Maintainance
1 (3.8%)
High Maintainance
2 (7.7%)
Easy to restore & work on
0 (0%)
It's a real collectable
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: homeonprunehill on April 24, 2008, 01:57:58 AM
Bruce, dids the drain hose in the bottom picture cause all that rust? Good Luck,JIM.   
Oh no, the whole underneath was rusted out, and the Left Rear Quarter panel had been replaced, and the floors were shot as well.

It is surprising what one can find without actually getting under the car.

Just poke the Digital Camera under there, and start taking pictures.   The Camera and hand can get into tighter places than the human head, without getting down and dirty.

If the pictures come out okay, then is the time to physically inspect further.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: South_paw on April 24, 2008, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: Jack Miller CLC# 24441 on April 23, 2008, 10:55:42 PM
This Caddy will never bring me back the cost of repair. I am better off looking for another in better shape. This rot will only spread, I have dealt with the likes of it in the past.
Jack

Jack,
There's a Triple blue 76 convert that just went up for sale in N.Bellmore. I looked at it quick, paint/body is nice, needs a top and has that musty interior smell(probably from the bad top). Worth a look & it's local. Email me  ;D

Lou

Lou,

I bought the 76 for the right money. If you will be at Wellwood tomorrow I will talk to you. I have to also go to the cemetary there,  my cousin who is buried there, just lost his son to a bear this week. I wanted to fly out to California for the funeral, but I have to see my son's doctor on Monday. I am sure that you heard about my cousin getting killed  by a bear during the week (he was an animal trainer) as it was all over the news.
I will attach a picture of the car I bought.

Jack