News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Installing Seat belts in my '56

Started by Andy, April 28, 2008, 10:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

After months of searching, test driving, negotiating and waiting, my '56 Fleetwood will arrive in Columbus tomorrow afternoon.  Before I do anything, I want to put lap belts in.  I know they're not concours authentic, but I want my children to be able to ride in the car with me.

So my first stupid question of the evening is, if I unbolt the bolts holding the front seat to the floor, is there a nut on the other side that's going to fall off or will I be able to just bolt them back in once the belts are anchored?

And stupid question number two is how do I install the belts in the back?

Thanks very much.

Andy.
If I can't eat it, scratch it, drive it or change its channel, then I'm not interested.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Andy,

No question is stupid.

But, the bolts that hold the front seat to the floor will just undo, and nothing will fall off from underneath.

The rear seat base will have to come out to enable you to get a drill in there to drill the holes for the Seat Belt Mounts.

The Seat Belts will come with instructions on how to mount the strengthening washers under the floor.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

baxterculver

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on April 28, 2008, 10:58:27 PM
G'day Andy,

No question is stupid.

But, the bolts that hold the front seat to the floor will just undo, and nothing will fall off from underneath.

The rear seat base will have to come out to enable you to get a drill in there to drill the holes for the Seat Belt Mounts.

The Seat Belts will come with instructions on how to mount the strengthening washers under the floor.

Bruce. >:D
Andy--and, not to flog the obvious, look under the car, before picking up the drill, to make sure there isn't anything of value in the way.  I don't know about '56's but some cars have the gas tank nestled up into that area.  You wouldn't want to "discover" that with a drill bit!
baxter culver clc#17184

Andy

Thank you Bruce, Baxter and Lou.  This is great help and I appreciate it.

Andy.
If I can't eat it, scratch it, drive it or change its channel, then I'm not interested.