News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 Cadillac Master Cylinder

Started by Andrew Zizolfo CLC#5011, May 04, 2008, 08:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Zizolfo CLC#5011

Does anyone out there know if the master cylinder for the '54 Cadillac is the same for both the regular brakes and the power brakes? I was given a newly rebuilt master cylinder for a '54 Cad and was told that it was for a non-power brake car. It looks the same but I don't have an interchange manual to check with. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Andy

Andrew Zizolfo CLC#5011

Hi Lou,
Just what I needed!
Thanks for the lookup in the parts book!
Andy

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: South_paw on May 04, 2008, 09:06:55 PM
Hi Andy,
In 1954 there was only manual brakes.

Lou   
Lou, you are not right: according to the parts book, 1954 had power brake as an option. 

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Philippe M. Ruel

Quote from: DavidP on May 04, 2008, 09:33:45 PMIt was the old Bendix Hydrovac booster placed up towards the radiator!
Can anyone upload or email me a picture (or illustration from the shop manual) showing how the Hydrovac was installed and plugged on 1954s or 55s ?

I am about to install a remote booster on another car (no room for a firewall booster), and rebuilt Hydrovacs are not very expensive.
1952 60 Special in France.