News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bob in Florida Doing His Last 4 Door Convertible!

Started by John Morris #23947, May 09, 2008, 12:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris #23947

My best Buddy Bob in Clearwater, the fellow who did all those 65 four door convertible conversions years ago, has finished his 56 Biarritz and is now getting on a mint 68 Sedan Deville, converting it into a custom 4 door convertible. This will be his last Cadillac project as he just turned a young 70. He does a splendid job, reinforcing the frame with convertible parts, and they turn out looking like a factory job. I will see if Bob will provide pictures as it moves along. 
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

homeonprunehill

Quote from: John Morris #23947 on May 09, 2008, 12:35:18 PM
My best Buddy Bob in Clearwater, the fellow who did all those 65 four door convertible conversions years ago, has finished his 56 Biarritz and is now getting on a mint 68 Sedan Deville, converting it into a custom 4 door convertible. This will be his last Cadillac project as he just turned a young 70. He does a splendid job, reinforcing the frame with convertible parts, and they turn out looking like a factory job. I will see if Bob will provide pictures as it moves along. 

05-14-08
John, do you think your buddy in clearwater would consider training someone to take-up-the-slack when he retires, along with post some pictures of his work? Good Luck,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

John Morris #23947

I don't know, I could ask him, we email almost daily. I think he should get a digital picture of every step for posterity. Bob just turned 70 last week, though he doesn't look it. His 56 Biarritz is now 98% done, and this 4 door convertible is it. Once Bob saw one of the 65 four door rag tops that he built for sale. The fellow told Bob he knew the guy who did the job personally. He let him finish the story before telling him HE was the builder. I've seen picts of Bobs convertibles and they look factory. He uses convertible frames for donor pieces, as the roof support on the Sedan is lost.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.