News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 LaSalle Coupe - She Runs!!!! (video)

Started by Aeroman (Juan Ramirez), May 10, 2008, 12:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Thanks to Fred and all of the LaSalle fellas with brake tech info, engine stuff, etc.  She has some bugs still but for the most part, she cruises nicely!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUQw40pROs4

1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

Fred Zwicker #23106

:)  Great job so far Juan.  Congratulations. There is nothing that can compare to the feeling that we all get at the time of the "first start", after working  for months on an old car that previously did not run.  Your video was great.  Now comes the expensive part (chrome plating, interior, paint job, etc.).  Keep us posted as the job progresses. 

Also when it comes to painting, my recommendation is to pick an original 1939 LaSalle color.  I had a hard time locating the proper formula for my convertible, but my local R-M paint distributor had the correct formulas on file, based on the color code number on the data plate.

(Nice house too and looks like you have plenty of garage space).  You know the rule:  The new cars always stay outside and the old cars get prime garage space inside.   About 2 years ago I built a new home with a 3-car attached garage.  I now have my 1939 LaSalle convertible, a 1966 Cadillac convertible, my wife's car and my pickup.  While I have been trying to talk my wife into leaving her car outside, have not had any luck, so my pickup stays outside.  So my question is do I sell the pickup, or sell my wife's car?

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

35-709

That's easy, Fred ---- build a bigger garage!
;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

Great video Juan,

Your wife is to be congratulated for taking it upon herself to give us a small guided tour of your place while you were out of sight.

Sounds like she is just as excited as you, and I am sure that she will see reason, and let you build a Carport in front of the garage to cover all your future projects.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Hansen

Congrats, Juan!

I was thrilled just watching the video.  It was surely even better behind the wheel!

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Quote from: Fred Zwicker #23106 on May 10, 2008, 07:25:07 AM
:)  Great job so far Juan.  Congratulations. There is nothing that can compare to the feeling that we all get at the time of the "first start", after working  for months on an old car that previously did not run.  Your video was great.  Now comes the expensive part (chrome plating, interior, paint job, etc.).  Keep us posted as the job progresses. 

Also when it comes to painting, my recommendation is to pick an original 1939 LaSalle color.  I had a hard time locating the proper formula for my convertible, but my local R-M paint distributor had the correct formulas on file, based on the color code number on the data plate.

(Nice house too and looks like you have plenty of garage space).  You know the rule:  The new cars always stay outside and the old cars get prime garage space inside.   About 2 years ago I built a new home with a 3-car attached garage.  I now have my 1939 LaSalle convertible, a 1966 Cadillac convertible, my wife's car and my pickup.  While I have been trying to talk my wife into leaving her car outside, have not had any luck, so my pickup stays outside.  So my question is do I sell the pickup, or sell my wife's car?

Fred
Thanks Fred, you and the rest of the gang here have really helped a learner over here in So. Cal.  I know this is ONLY the beginning of the restoration process but it puts a smile to my face that the car moves and stops.  Plus, the Home Owner Association can get off my back with those pesty letters!  Thanks for the info on the paint as well.
1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on May 10, 2008, 08:37:10 AM
Great video Juan,

Your wife is to be congratulated for taking it upon herself to give us a small guided tour of your place while you were out of sight.

Sounds like she is just as excited as you, and I am sure that she will see reason, and let you build a Carport in front of the garage to cover all your future projects.

Bruce. >:D
Bruce, she chuckled when I showed her your message!  Thanks again and take care!
1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Quote from: Jeff Hansen on May 10, 2008, 04:52:39 PM
Congrats, Juan!

I was thrilled just watching the video.  It was surely even better behind the wheel!

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jeff
Yes sir Jeff - you too have helped me a lot!!!!  I will of course post any progress images as I tread along the project...
1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe