News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Cadillac Carburator adaptor plate or intake manifold to Holley

Started by Robert Caudill, May 13, 2008, 10:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Caudill

Have have the carb rebuilt 3 times on my 1955 Cadfillac Coupe Deville.
I think parts were not reinstalled.
Any reputable carb rebuilders???
Is there an intake manifold for a Holley carb???
Is there an adaptor plate to put a Holley on my stock manifold.

Tks Robert

Dan Reed

Hi Robert,

Have you contiplated rebuilding it yourself?  I ordered a rebuild kit for my '56 Cadillac's carb a number of years ago and although I never did a carb rebuild myself, I managed to do it - that was nine years ago and its been running great ever since. Between the Cadillac shop manual and the rebuild kit instructions it was prety straight forward. I figured I couldn't make the carb work much worse than it was, so what did I have to loose? I figured if I got it back together and there was a problem, being I was the one who rebuilt it, at least I could carefully retrace my steps and possibly find something I missed or set wrong. If I had someone elde rebuild it and it came back still not right I'd have no idea what they did or didn't do.

Dan

baxterculver

Quote from: Robert Caudill on May 13, 2008, 10:00:03 PM
Have have the carb rebuilt 3 times on my 1955 Cadfillac Coupe Deville.
I think parts were not reinstalled.
Any reputable carb rebuilders???
Is there an intake manifold for a Holley carb???
Is there an adaptor plate to put a Holley on my stock manifold.

Tks Robert
I don't know about Holley carb conversions but I would check out Edelbrock products. I had to replace the carb on my '64 Avanti and it was a very easy conversion--that works great.
baxter culver clc#17184

Otto Skorzeny

I've recommended these guys in several previous posts. They are superb. If you try to rebuild the carb yourself, the kit you buy will almost certainly be put together by this company. They rebuild carbs too if you don't want to do yourself.

Ask for Ron or Tim Hewitt
Daytona Parts Co.
386-427-7108

www.daytonaparts.com

mail@daytonaparts.com
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE