News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

53 Eldorado

Started by Ronnie Branch, May 16, 2008, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie Branch

Does anyone know how many 1953 Azure Blue Eldorado's were produced? And how many might be left?
Thanks
Ronnie

veesixteen

According to the in-depth research done by Matt Larson, of the 532 Eldorados built in 1953, there were a total of 130 painted Azure Blue.  Fewer than 20 of these currently are listed in the survivors' roster that Matt and I put together in the club's Cadillac Database.

Quote from: Ronnie Branch on May 16, 2008, 06:39:56 PM
Does anyone know how many 1953 Azure Blue Eldorado's were produced? And how many might be left?
Thanks
Ronnie
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Ronnie Branch

Thank you very much. We are currently working on car # 288. We are about 3months from finishing the car. Thanks for your help.
Ronnie  :)

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Has there been any such "exhaustive research" done on other early Eldorados
as to numbers in a certain color?  Such as 1955 for example (my year).  For
example, how many 55's were done in Bahama Blue?

Just curious,  Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

veesixteen

Not that I'm aware of.  There's no easy way to do it other than by accessing Cadillac Historical Section's build records (microfiches), not easy for someone who is not a recognized automotive researcher.  Then you need go through individual microfiches (build sheets or build records) for EVERY SINGLE car built in a given year.  For 1955, that's more than 118K records.  And, no, they're not filed by model; that would be too easy.  First thing would be to look for all Eldorado models (style 6267SX) then MANUALLY copy the color data off those records.  Rather you than me ! Matt Larson is the man to contact for insider information on "how to". He and Ron Van Gelderen spent MONTHS on the LaSalle records.  And Matt went through the '53 Eldorado records with a fine-tooth comb. 

Has there been any such "exhaustive research" done on other early Eldorados
as to numbers in a certain color?  Such as 1955 for example (my year).  For
example, how many 55's were done in Bahama Blue?

Just curious,  Mike
[/quote]

veesixteen

In the Cadillac Database are three pics of a RED '53 Eldo, listed under car #288.  The original paint color of #288 was BLUE with BLUE trim.  Is it possible these pics are in the wrong spot, or was #288 restored at one time in "prize-winning" red ?

Quote from: Ronnie Branch on May 16, 2008, 10:04:13 PM
Thank you very much. We are currently working on car # 288. We are about 3months from finishing the car. Thanks for your help.

Ross Morgan #22943

Ronnie, did you go for the full blue leather (seats) interior? Thanks, Ross.

Ronnie Branch

Ross, yes this car has all blue interior. It has gone through a nut & bolt restoration & has taken us 5 years to get to this point. But we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It has all been worth it. It's been very expensive but, it's very beautiful.
Thanks
Ronnie B.

Ronnie Branch

Quote from: veesixteen on May 17, 2008, 08:51:51 AM
In the Cadillac Database are three pics of a RED '53 Eldo, listed under car #288.  The original paint color of #288 was BLUE with BLUE trim.  Is it possible these pics are in the wrong spot, or was #288 restored at one time in "prize-winning" red ?

This car has never been red. I did see that in the Cadillac Database but they must have the pictures in the wrong spot. When I got this car 5 years ago it was an ugly purple with green interior. Thanks
Ronnie B.

veesixteen

Ronnie, I have just modified the Database entry about '53 Eldo #288.  I moved the photos of the red car to another location; that car still needs to be properly identified. When you are ready, could you send me a couple of digital images of #288 for the "survivors" database.  No rush.  Thanks.

Quote from: Ronnie Branch on May 19, 2008, 08:40:19 AM
Quote from: veesixteen on May 17, 2008, 08:51:51 AM

This car has never been red. I did see that in the Cadillac Database but they must have the pictures in the wrong spot. When I got this car 5 years ago it was an ugly purple with green interior. Thanks
Ronnie B.

Ronnie Branch

Thanks I will be glad to send you some pictures.
Ronnie B.
I.D. # 21356