News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 390 Cadillac Oil Filter Relocation

Started by Mullda, May 17, 2008, 10:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullda

Hey, All,

I'm new to the forum and I need to ask a question. I have a 1960 390 that I am putting in my '37 Pickup. I am putting a Th400 behind it, but the oil filter is interfering with the tranny case. Is there a way to relocate the oil filter? If so, what parts are necessary for this?

Thanks.

Denny

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Denny,

Remotely fitting an Oil Filter is a simple task with the 390 engine as the '60 onwards uses a bolt-on fitting.

What you need is some threaded hose fittings for high pressure hoses (like Braided Hose) the remote filter setup you already have on the 390.

Simply take the gasket where it bolts to the block, and transfer the outer shape and bolt holes to a piece of 3/8" steel and cut and drill it out.   Then, work out which is the inlet and outlet holes and drill these and tap threads to suit pressure fittings that will accept the desired hoses.

Then, at the other ends of the hoses, do the same with another piece of 3/8" steel plate to suit the remote filter fitting that you took off, and that can be mounted anywhere.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Mullda

Great! Sounds really straight forward.

Thanks, Bruce. I really appreciate the help.

Denny