News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 bolt tighten sequence water pump??

Started by Greg W, May 19, 2008, 11:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg W

I shall be installing my water pump but want to know if there is a recommended sequence of which bolt to tighten after the other etc... i don't have a shop manual.  also, on what surfaces should i put the silicone ( i also have the cardboard gaskets too)  thanks.

Kerry Pilling

Greg, I would coat the pump gasket area and then add the gasket to it. Make sure that both the block and the pump gasket seating surfaces are clean before you install the pump. I'm not sure what your bolt pattern is but what I would do is to snug them all up and then do every other bolt if it's a round pattern and if it's a cross pattern go top left then bottom right and reverse the sequence if it's an x pattern. if you don't know the torque values you can look them up at your local library or ask in this forum. just don't be a Gorillia.  That should do it. Happy Motoring