News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'55 Eldorado Trim & Paint Codes

Started by Howell D, May 28, 2008, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howell D

Where can I find info to decode the Paint and Trim codes on the fender tag? The club site provides info to breakdown the style code but can not find these?

Trim 92 C
Paint 94
Top 1 (I assume this means convertible)

Is a breakdown of the codes for 1955 available anywhere?

Thanks for any help!!

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Trim 92 is "Blue leather seat and seat back inserts with white leather trim.
I'll have to come back to you on the paint .
Top 1 is White Orlon
Phil

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

55 Eldo paint info follows:
Paint 94 "Bahama Blue Poly"
Phil
PS If you are going to do a full restoration it is worth getting the Authenticity Manual from the club, all this info is in it. I warn you though, it makes you want to do everything 100% right and that is expensive and takes a long time , I speak from experience !!!

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Howell:

What Phil says is exactly true -- these are very expensive cars to restore.  I know since
I finished mine last year.  By the way, the exterior color on mine is also Bahama Blue.

If you need any further help or advice as you go along, feel free to contact me.
I'll be happy to help.

Good Luck!!

Mike

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region