News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Black/black/black ???

Started by grinch, May 28, 2008, 02:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grinch

Sorry, reposted from the wrong forum....

Anyone know the rarity (number of produced) of a triple black '68 convertible?  I had several people tell me that it's a rare bird, but I don't know how reliable that info is.  I was going to change the colors to green/tan (it's blue now), but if it's a rare car I may want to go with original colors.  It's LOADED (even has seat heaters) and has 24K original miles.  I don't want to devalue the car, but at the same time I live in NC and the summers are a bee-yatch here.  ;D
Peter Mason CLC #24665
Charlotte, NC
1968 Deville Convertible in progress
1989 Sedan DeVille

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Any triple black convertible is a rare bird. That's why I got excited when I found my triple black 70. I guess the question that always comes into my mind is: WHY did a 24K car need a repaint & a color change as well?  My vote is repaint it black. PLEASE don't do the green/tan combo. Way too many of those 60's cars were earth tones. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Doug Houston

I'm wit' Bob. The '66 convertible I had was triple black. I really enjoyed it, and hated to let it go when I bought my '70 convertible. The young lad I sold it to still has it, which makes me happy.

The '41 convertible sedan I currently have had a black body color, with black interior.It was shipped to the distributor in Atlanta I suspect that the top was also black, though there was very little left of the car when I got it. Nicer cars than that have been junked! However, I did reestore it. Since it was so bad, I did it in Valcour Maroon, with saddle leather interior, as I'd always wanted if I ever would have restored one.

Dave Holls (dec), formerly of GM styling was ecstatic over the '66 when I first got it. The 3X black was a favorite combo of his.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929