News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964 Cadillac Comfort Control - Popular Science Magazine

Started by Eldorado_64, May 29, 2008, 05:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado_64

Who of our older members can recall the month and year of the Popular Sicience Magazine where they did a full section write up on the Comfort Control for new 1964 Cadillac? I know my dad bought it new and I got to read it later on but lost track of it and want to find it again either on here or if I know what issue, I will hunt down on eBay. I'm gonna guess sometime in mid 1963. I do know our '64 Cadillac appeared in this magazine several times and one other was for the all new sporty Sedan 'de ville (NO, not the DTS, this model didn't existed yet). It had a catchy headline like "First look at automatic weather control " for the car or something like that.

Thankx!
Brandon Jeffery
1964 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Biarritz & Sixty-Special
Cadillac, "The Only Way"

1964deville

Hi Brandon,

Maybe you can also try to ask your question on the '63-'64 Cadillac Cummunity: http://www.6364cadillac.com/.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Luc
Luc Reintjes
The Netherlands
1964 Six Window Sedan Deville
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/3204734316_2df2ba30a8_b.jpg

R Winchell

Quote from: Eldorado_64 on May 29, 2008, 05:08:25 AM
Who of our older members can recall the month and year of the Popular Sicience Magazine where they did a full section write up on the Comfort Control for new 1964 Cadillac? I know my dad bought it new and I got to read it later on but lost track of it and want to find it again either on here or if I know what issue, I will hunt down on eBay. I'm gonna guess sometime in mid 1963. I do know our '64 Cadillac appeared in this magazine several times and one other was for the all new sporty Sedan 'de ville (NO, not the DTS, this model didn't existed yet). It had a catchy headline like "First look at automatic weather control " for the car or something like that.

Thankx!
Brandon Jeffery
Jeffery
I have an original 1964 Cadillac factory heat and comfort control repair and information manual. I won't sell it, but will photocopy any or all of it for you for my costs if you wish ?
                                                  Advise        Bob Winchell            rwinch5418@bellsouth.net   or cell 404 731 4580

Eldorado_64

Quote from: R Winchell on May 31, 2008, 09:36:23 PM
             Jeffery
I have an original 1964 Cadillac factory heat and comfort control repair and information manual. I won't sell it, but will photocopy any or all of it for you for my costs if you wish ?
                                                  Advise        Bob Winchell            rwinch5418@bellsouth.net   or cell 404 731 4580
Thank you so much for this offer. I am not rebuilding A/C again for a year or so till next charging or top off. I will keep this in mind though. I am looking for technology info on articles that feature certain things about my 1964 Cadillac. I remember reading a lot in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics as well.
Cadillac, "The Only Way"

Ivan Zanatta

Ivan Zanatta

Eldorado_64

Thank you roadster, I just ordered it. went for the full 1963 year as it turns out my '64 is mentioned in several write up for lots of various performance features.

Any other good reading from vintage magizines for the 1964 Cadillac?
Cadillac, "The Only Way"

Ivan Zanatta

There's always the review of next year's (1964) cars, I think it's about April/ May.
Those old magazines are fun to trawl through, there's always something interesting.
Ivan Zanatta

R Winchell

Quote from: Eldorado_64 on May 29, 2008, 05:08:25 AM

Thankx!
Brandon Jeffery
Brandon...
Perhaps you are talking about a 64 cadillac booklet called the "weather report" ??? 
  I have an original not for sale, but a copy could be made for you if you wish ??
                 Bob Winchell      rwinch5418@bellsouth.net