News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Approximate worth of a 1959 Brougham by Pininfarina?

Started by Zachary, June 11, 2008, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zachary

I happen to know where one of these is located currently and I know they are quite rare but I was having a hard time ascertaining what an approximate dollar value on such a car would be.

These are the pictures of this particular find, it is perfectly rust free, but very dusty as it has been sitting for a long time.

Thanks for any info -Zachary incode64@yahoo.com

-Zachary Helm

veesixteen

It's worth what a buyer is prepared to offer and the seller prepared to accept; the ballpark value for this model ranges from $6,000 to $60,000.  This one appears complete and in good condition so it will probably command five figures, easy.  Were you able to get the VIN or body number? Do you know if it's listed in the Club's roster of survivors?
______________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: Zachary on June 11, 2008, 06:28:59 PM
I happen to know where one of these is located currently and I know they are quite rare but I was having a hard time ascertaining what an approximate dollar value on such a car would be. ...
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Johnny

Quote from: veesixteen on June 12, 2008, 12:49:46 PM
It's worth what a buyer is prepared to offer and the seller prepared to accept;

This is the most precise answer to the eternal question..............What is a (fill in the blank) worth?

76eldo

Are you interested in buying it, selling it, or brokering a deal?

I am a cash buyer for that car if it is as solid as it looks.

Contact me at your convenience,

Brian76eldo@comcast.net
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

As nice as it appears, the restoration cost to bring it up to a true #1 condition
are not or the faint of heart.  Easily well into 6 figures (on top of the purchase
price).

Needless to say, know what you're getting into on a project like this.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

76eldo

I would have to look at it in person, of course, but it looks like after a good cleaning, it may be a nice car.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

veesixteen

I agree with you, Brian.  This looks like a candidate for a "best original" award.  It probably needs a full mechanical overhaul [not a problem, since motor and running gear are from a stock 1959 "Eldorado"], many hours of "spit and polish" and a hefty handfull of $100 bills.

I shall be following its itinerary, and "restoration" progress, with considerable interest.

Quote from: 76eldo on June 13, 2008, 12:10:34 AM
I would have to look at it in person, of course, but it looks like after a good cleaning, it may be a nice car. Brian
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Zachary Helm

To answer the question, yes the owner is interested in selling which is part of the reason I was asking, to see if his asking price was close to target. If anyone is interested in buying this vehicle you can email me any inquiries you have at the email address listed in this reply!