News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Minneapolis parts car help needed

Started by mirrormatic, June 12, 2008, 09:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrormatic

i'm buying a 58 parts car for the motor,trim and windshield.any members here who could part it out and dispose of the hulk so i don't have to drag the whole thing back to calif?
any ideas appreciated
charlie
415 2971226
charles marshall

Paul Flykt #18899

If no one else has a better solution French Lake Auto Parts will certainly buy it if for nothing else but scrap.They are 50 miles west of Minneapolis and specialize in old car parts.  I am sure they will put it in their inventory if there are enough good parts left . You can Google them and find their web site and phone #.

TJ Hopland

I assume the rest of the car will be a 'hulk' after you get what you want off of it?  As much as I hate to see anything get crushed many of the yards around the area are giving $200 per ton for a car like that.  Maybe slightly less if they have to come and get it.   French lake is one of the few that does have older cars but I dont know that it would be worth it to you to get it down there and I doubt they would come and get it.  Would not hurt to ask, maybe they would come get it for free and you could sleep better at night knowing that it may not be headed straight for the crusher.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason