News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

60 Cad, Rear Shocks, Availability

Started by peter a kalby, June 16, 2008, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter a kalby

Can anyone please advise where I can Purchase New Quality Rear Shocks for My 60 Cad Restoration? Thank You

35-709

Cooper's Vintage Auto Parts sells gas charged rears for $45 a pair.
Go here ----
http://www.coopersvintage.com/
then click on "Catalogs", then Cadillac 1960, etc., etc.
Rock Auto doesn't list them.  NAPA might be able to order them.  Kanter probably has them but I think you will be much happier with Cooper.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

peter a kalby

Thank You Geoff for Lead.
While Waiting to hear, I learned that Monroe makes a shock for the 60 Cad Rear.
Problem was, I don't like Monroe, Never Have.
I learned also that while KYB makes shocks for Front of 60 Cad, they don't make for Rear.
I could not accept, so I called KYB, with Monroe Model No, they Did a cross ref to their KYB shocks, and they found a Gas shock that matchs, and therefore fits my 60 Cad in the Rear.
KYB confirmed the characteristics of this shock will excede Cad Factory by 20-30 %
I will contact Cooper tomorrow to find out what they have to offer.
Thank you for your Help.
Now, if you could direct me to a vacuum Diagram for 60 Cad systems, I would really be happy
Thank You,Pete