News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

41 Cadillac radio station call letters

Started by TonyZappone #2624, June 17, 2008, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Has anyone reproduced the sheets that have all the radio station call letter in the country?  Tonyz
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Doug Houston

There may have been some call letter sheets made at some time in the past. The original ones were printed on a sort of onion paper, with scoring for punching out each letter.  I haven't seen anything on it, though for many years.

Now, a word of caution. If you attempt to snap out the call letter carrier frame from the radio face, it will come out, less the little spring steel piece that is swaged to it by very tiny nubs. The inner part will fall inside the radio, and you will have a couple of loose pieces in your hand.

If you feel that such miracle adhesives will solve the problem or re-assembly, you'll be disappointed. I have seen some very tiny screws used to re-assemble the pieces, but the process is ticklish at best, and the results nor very promising. If this part of the radio face is still intact, leave it be, and accept the call letters as they are.

If, after the above, you do attempt removal of the carrier, you'll find very few people here with a crying towel for you
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

TonyZappone #2624

Thank you.  I have too many other projects to be fishing around for little springs.  I will leave it alone.  TZ
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Bill Podany #19567

Doug Houston is correct; take his advice.  I own a 41 60 Special also and some years back I wanted to change the call letters and I should have left it alone.  I had my friendly restoration shop ($100 an hour) assigned to this task when it was doing some other work, and when I saw the line item for the radio call letters effort, I was sorry that I was so anal about such a trivial matter.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

Bill Podany #19567

Doug Houston is correct; take his advice.  I own a 41 60 Special also and some years back I wanted to change the call letters and I should have left it alone.  I had my friendly restoration shop ($100 an hour) assigned to this task when it was doing some other work, and when I saw the line item for the radio call letters effort, I was sorry that I was so anal about such a trivial matter.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado