News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

window track parts

Started by santospago, June 21, 2008, 07:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

santospago

I have an 1939 La Salle that's missing part of the drivers window track. where should I go to look for one? Its not the hole track just a 3" part on the end.
Tom

homeonprunehill

06-21-08
Santos, You are not clear about the part that is "Missing" 3". I replaced the window "channel" in my '38 La Salle. Are you talking about the "window track" that the window sets-in aqnd is connected to the up & down thingmajig. If you are talking about the window "channel that the window "glides-up & down "in that is at the rear of the door & at the top also, I think I ordered mine from Lynne Steele rubber products in NC    HTH Good Luck,JIM  P.S. The channel is bendable by hand .It comes stright, About 6' long. Steele has a catalog on web.
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

harvey b

Hello There,i am not sure either what is missing,i think it is the bottom part where the bracket holds the track steady?I would look at the other side and start from there,if it is the little angle part that is missing you should be able to make one with some sheet metal,it isnt a real technical part to make,any good body man should be able to help you out on this one.HTH Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

santospago

Thanks, I will try that.

Tom
Tom