News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What ever happened to the 1964 Cadillac Florentine From the Worlds Fair?

Started by Stylishone, June 28, 2008, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stylishone

Does anyone have pictures ? I remember it a gold or champagne color..is that so?  Where is she now..?

veesixteen

Like many show cars of the time, it was probably crushed after the year's shows.  These car's were built only to whet public appetite; they were not intended nor msde to be driven.  Photos here : 

www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Drm62-64.htm

Quote from: Stylishone ... Does anyone have pictures ? .../quote]
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Peter H. Luft, CLC 19778

I have ORIGINAL color photos of the Florentine at the Worlds Fair that I took when I was a Kid.....I have offered a $5,000.00 finders fee for this car upon a successful purchase and have not had one taker or any information concerning the car..........I think you could clone one if there is a set of NOS rear 64 Eldorado fenders and wheel well mouldings available, believe me I have Considered it..............................................The now OLD 64 ELDO GUY, peter

Note The paint was an Oyster medium metal flake or firemist...very striking color, four bucket high back seats in pearl finish......I have yet to see any other color shots of the car other than my own.

veesixteen

...and so, are you just trying to make our mouth water or are you going to share those pics with the rest of us ?
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Andrew Garnett

I believe the Florentine is located in South Jersey/Philadelphia area and owned by the general manager that ran the Linden NJ plant in the late 50s early 60s. I call my GM contact and see if I can obtain any additional details.

Andrew

Peter H.Luft #19778

Andrew.....That would be GREAT...........Go see the person directly and ask to present the car at the  August, 2008 National Meet in N.J........or.........give ne a call and I would be happy to do same...The car is very striking with lots of little differences from the 64 Eldorado Style, being a hardtop and all, alarming it was at the World Fair.............Chrevrolet had future Corvette  mobiles floating around, I was really into Vets then, however I spent my time looking and memorizing the Florentine...........By the way current condition should not be considered concerning the 2008 Meet.....it would be nice to see it however it is.......................Please advise, peter

The reason I have not shown the color shots of the Florentine is a selfish one, I have always thought that I might Clone the car myself........I suppose like some others, that may be a I'm gona do project, however I seriously do have a spot in my heart for that stylish prototype...and...I do have a lot of parts for 64 Eldo's........Maybe if someone would come up with a pair of rear fenders and wheel well mouldings ( $1000 Finders fee upon a successful purchase ) I would start the project. Thanks again  and a Happy Fourth of July to all..................Now out to the shop and cover cushions for three Barbers Chairs, Antique white procelain, for my Office.........Aqua, Med.Dark Blue, and Red swede..AHHHh prjects they never stop.