News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

GN at Cherry Hills

Started by Mike Josephic CLC #3877, July 04, 2008, 12:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Just a question for those who are keeping track of the 2008 GN in Cherry Hills:

--What's the latest count on attendees for the GN?
--How many cars are signed up to (1) show and (2) display for the show?

Thanks,

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Joe Manna

Mike,the last I heard from some members of our region who also belong to VFR,the count was somewhere in the neighborhood of 140 cars registered.As far as display or for show goes,I do not have an exact number.Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Johnny

Small technicality folks, but there is only one hill in Cherry Hill, its called Cherry Hill, not Cherry Hills.

Love to all,
Johnny

2danreed

Mike, I know at last count there were 44 "display only" cars registered - I'm in that category. If Joe Manna's count is correct, that would leave approx. 100 cars for judge. Sorry i don't have an accurate count for the judged cars but hopefully someone on the GN committee will see the post.

Dan
Dan Reed

Jeff Hansen

Here is the latest info I have along with "as of" dates:

Registrations (as of June 28):  308 registrations
Cars registered for judging (as of June 16): 167
Cars registered for display only (as of June 16):  46

I'm certain these numbers have increased in the days since.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Thanks Jeff!!

Those numbers look much better than some of the earlier posts.  Looks like
we're building up to one great Grand National!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Fred Zwicker #23106

:) The first deadline for registration is July 12, 2008.

:( The second deadline (late deadline) for registration is August 5, 2008.

Many register late, as may be trying to get their car ready at the last minute and others are always late anyhow.

More cars will show up.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Joe Manna

Mike,you're right.Those numbers do sound a lot better than the earlier post,that I have put in.Those numbers that I heard were from a month ago.Well,we hope they increase sevenfold.There is only a month and a half till showtime.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

To all involved with the CLC message forum, I am sincerely looking forward to meeting all of you in Cherry Hill.Although we never met in person yet,it feels like I know each and every one of you.Here's to a good weekend and lasting friendships.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I printed out my confirmation sheet this morning. I was registration #352. Since many registrants will have spouses as I do, we look to have a pretty good crowd already. And, I added one more car to be judged to the list which is taken care of by the Books in Columbus.
Also included is a concise, easy to read sheet on how to get to the hotel from every point on the compass, and also the hours to stay off the streets relative to commuter lockdown on the Interstates and Turnpike. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
One other note: All of our choices of events were still available, but this may change rapidly, so if you have not done so already, get your registration in. Remember also, the capacity of the banquet room is set by the fire marshal, and the hotel cannot "squeeze" anymore tables in than regulations allow. Also, the deadline is fast approaching when the late fee kicks in. Why pay an extra fifteen bucks? Let them know you're coming! See you there!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

The 2002 Detroit-Dearborn 100th  anniversary of Cadillac GN had the largest number of cars in attendance up until that time by a pretty large margin and it was a very enjoyable one that lasted longer than most. I would doubt that any of the subsequent ones have equaled or surpassed it although this year's may do do it since it's the club's 50th. I wish I could be there, but I don't believe I'm going to be able to.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Most of us will never see another 50th anniversary of the CLC, and that is one of the reasons I am coming to this one.

Had to make the '02 bash as I will never see another Cadillac Centenary, that's for sure.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   I thought that there would have been more in attendance in Dearborn.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Bruce "Tassie" -- I look forward to meeting you there.  Let's get together at least
for a beer -- my car will be there so I should not be too hard to find.

Coming all the way from Down Under ("I've been there") I'll even buy you a beer
or two or...............

Best,  Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
2011 Buick Lucerne CX

Jeff Hansen

Latest car registration numbers as of July 6.

Cars entered for judging:  208
Cars entered for display:  60  (includes 15 cars entered in the Modified division)

Total cars:  268

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

quadfins

Can you break that down into classes? Or at least by decade? I am curious about the ratio of brass era to '70s, for example... I need my fix of Art Deco, and hope to see a lot of '30s LaSalles there.

Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Geoff N. 4719

"Coming all the way from Down Under ("I've been there") I'll even buy you a beer
or two or..............."

You've got him in your pocket now, Mike!
;D

The Tassie Devil(le)

I do hope the "Display Vehicles" are going to be allowed the same parking area as those being Judged.

And, all vehicles being parked in Year Order, as was done in Dearborn.   Makes for wonderful Photography, especially with the larger distances between the vehicles for people to move around.

What better way to make comparisons between vehicles when parked alongside stock standard ones.   Plus, I am sure that a good number of the Display Vehicles will be just as good as the Judged ones.

Nothing worse than being discriminated against, and shoved out of the way.

Bruce. >:D

QuoteYou've got him in your pocket now, Mike!

PS.   I'll drink to that, and that, and that........
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Johnny

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on July 08, 2008, 09:35:56 PM
I do hope the "Display Vehicles" are going to be allowed the same parking area as those being Judged.

The folks in the Valley Forge Region are veterans in "putting on a show", and there is no doubt in my mind that on Saturday, the placement of cars will be perfect.  I know they will have taken care of every little detail, to ensure things are the way they should be.

Love to all,
Johnny