News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Casddys at Hershey, post report

Started by Art#22010, July 13, 2008, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art#22010

So many to thank.  Andy Zizofo representing New York and all the interest of the Island. Tom McQueen and Scot Meinsinger all the way from Washington, D.C. representing the Buick Club of America.
Joe Manna all the way from Jersey and all the interest there. Barb and Bud, Jack and Sandy and the Rothmans, Tony and Dave representing all the Valley Forge interest and Lee Herberman and his wife Judy all the way from Pittsburgh representing the whole South  Eastern Region from Pennsylvania to Florida and Frank Pinola , Richard Sills and Stanley Sipko taking in the rest of Pennsylvania To Henry and Lady Di representing the Potomac Region and all of Maryland and to all the Rest of the special guest gathered this day.
       Just a little spoof on the Godfather movie meeting seen, but hopefully you understand. I could tell you about the 48 wonderful cars we had with the AACA Museum towering over our cars seemingly protecting the gathering of people and cars, but the cars spoke for themselves.
       Rather, the countless handshakes and hugs of friends not seen in some time. The smiles and laughter and beaming faces that were at every turn.  The gathering at my home afterwards where 28 of the guest retired to and all the cars parked on the lawn. I arrived last and when I exited my car all I could here was more laughter from all 28 as I approached the pavilion. Folks from all walks of life all with different backrounds all talking at once, priceless!!!  We had second show right on the lawn.  After two hrs of light eats and drink and cooling our feet in the pool we all went to dinner at a local restaurant where our numbers increased to 32. A great dinner was served and we retired about 9pm.
      Though I had the feeling we all enjoyed, you could feel the minds shifting forward to the Nationals.
    See you all in Cherry Hill and thanks again for being part of our day.   

Art and Jan

Art #22010

Oh I forgot. When one participates in such an event you are exposed to many different events with in the goings on. We all know our good friend and esteemed artist, Dan Reed. As many of you have seen and know I have a metal tool box in my 49 with Cadillac Script. It has over the years rendered many compliments. I was fiddling with something and out of no where Dan walks up. He peered at me through his sun glasses and told me that he had to tell me something. Heck, it was almost like a confession. He owns a beautiful 55 sedan, light blue. He said Art, " I made a tool box just like yours"  We both laughed. We talked about how we fashioned the script to the box. I was extremely flattered. Being an esteemed artist such as himself and needing no explanation of this mans creativity, I felt like a second piece of art work has now been created.  Maybe we started something Dan!!! Any way, thank you for making my day.  Now put some tools in it, see you in Cherry Hill !!

art#22010

Art #22010

Im not sure how to do that, how will get ahold of Dan and see if he can post up. It surely was fun.     Art

Joe Manna

Yes Lou,a good time was had by all.Again,thanks to our delightful hosts,Art and Jan for such a wonderful day and for making long,lasting friendships.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

2danreed

Hi Lou,  I'll be posting photos soon on the CentralPennCLC.org website, both inside the "Fins" exhibit as well as the show outside. Once I have them uploaded to the site I'll post here again with a direct link.

Art, great minds think alike. That would be an interesting thread in itself having members post pics of some of the interesting Cadillac accesories people have come up with - the color coordinated toolbox with Cadillac script is just one example.

Dan 
Dan Reed

2danreed

Here's a link to the photgraphs taken at the AACA Museum show - I've also included about a dozen shots I took inside the museum's current "Fins" exhibit.

http://www.centralpennclc.org/aacamuseum.htm

Dan
Dan Reed

Joe Manna

Dan,as usual, nice photos from Saturday.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Hey, Dan...

I noticed the 370A roadster that was the subject of your 2008 GN poster that I'm enjoying in the center of the group in front of the AACA Museum.  Beautiful car...great poster.

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Dan, thanks for posting a link to those great pictures. 

The 1931 V-12 roadster that is the Grand National poster car is owned by Woody Rohrbach of Emmaus, PA.  It won the Best of Show award at the "Caddys at Hershey" show. 

For those who haven't yet seen the FINS exhibit at the AACA Museum, it will be there through October 12, 2008.

2danreed

Dan Reed

2danreed

Joe,  Great to see you and the boys from the Raritan River Region Saturday!  See you in Cherry Hill next month.

Dan
Dan Reed

Joe Manna

Dan,it was good to see you as well.Richard,I must say it was a pleasure meeting you.Hopefully we can caht more in Cherry Hill.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art#22010

Thanks For all the picture Dan!!

Joe Manna

We,the RRR had our monthly meeting last night.We mentioned what a nice time we had last Saturday.Its a must for our '09 calendar.Thanks again to the (CPR) and the (USR).Joe Manna
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art #22010

You bet Joe. You will have to come to dinner with us and make it a full day. It would be an honor to have your group with us.     Art

Joe Manna

Art,I think next year,we will make a weekend out of it.The hotel is right next door to the museum.It would be perfect.
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Art,I was at a local cruise night on Saturday.We have our own little Caddy corner.George Maslow and Bob Crimmins can't stop talking about your show last week.They had a wonderful time as well as I did.By the way,I saw photos from the York College Concours that Dan Reed posted.The 49 looked good.We will have a cold one in Cherry Hill.Thanks again for such a wonderful day.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Am I correct in identifying the green sedan among the Cadillacs as a 1936  F-36 Oldsmobile Six Touring Sedan?

Art22010

Rusty, I beleive you may be correct. I will have to check and get back to you.  The fellow took Best of Show other Makes and was estactic. It was a very nice Automobile.     Art